Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shall We Bath?

There's a fairly long running party that's been switching owners. First started by someone homo I don't know, it wasn't well advertised and was held in the remote location of the South Street Seaport, where most native New Yorkers fear to tread. Thus Baña was saved by the party promoting expertise of Daniel Nardicio. His skillful promotions (promising naked boys and the possibility of gay butt sex) brought the party into the light, and it became quite popular.

However, the light is a bad place to have lewd and perverse acts happen, since police raids are bound to follow. (You'd think he would have learned after what happened at what was formerly The Slide.)

With Baña's popularity way up, it's closing couldn't have come at a worse time. Still, they say the harder to wait, the better to have. Dangling the carrot (penis) in front of the donkey (ass {gay men}) long enough, Michael "Formika" Jones restarted the party once again. And so it's stayed that way for a few months now, and until last week, I had never gone.

It's one of those parties that plays with the idea behind the classic fantasy of what happens in a bath house. Well, not so much as an idea OR a fantasy as much as it makes it happen. Like everyone else there, I checked my civilian clothes (so unlike me ). Having worn my finest square-cut bathing suit, I was ready to partake in the poolside festivities.

In 5 minutes, the suit was around my ankles.

In the middle of my ventures, I found myself in a steam room being yelled at about some show starting. Thinking it to be more sex, I pulled the boys off me like leeches trying to train my blood, and walked to the stage that was set up. To my surprise, it was no sex show.
No, it was Lady Bunny.

Her performance, while long, was a hilarious remix of her own parodies of popular hits (and it was long). Laughter is indeed the best medicine, because after her punchline exit, I found myself a little more energized, and continue my ventures.

So many hot boys, so I can't go into all the details, but needless to say, I haven't stayed out till 6am in a long, long time.


1 comment:

gossiper said...

The cops had nothing to do with Daniel not doing bana anymore. The owners freaked when they saw it listed and cancelled that night.
Police had nothing to do with it.
Then the guys who do Bana (who are douchebags- i know, i worked there for them for awhile)
tried to claim it was Daniel so they could get rid of him since he made it popular and they could make money of his name.
Its fun but they suck- but get your facts straight