Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ohhh Joan!



I went to see Joan Rivers at the Cutting Room! Just to set the fabulous scene: I walk in to my table, which is already inhabited by 4 other gay men and their cocktails, and I look over at the stage and it's covered with huge cue cards with Paris Hilton, Angelina Jolie and other recognizable gems. I knew I was in for a great evening.




She comes on the scene in silver glittery couture and looks surprisingly good! I have to admit I was looking forward to seeing a plastic surgery monster, but she can still work it. She starts off by insulting every ethnic group in the place, but sent major love to our table: the GAYS! It was great! She talked right to our table the whole night.




Just when you think she can't get anymore UN p.c., she picks up her fur scarf and starts eating it while yelling, "Fuck you PETA and Fuck you Vegans". ohhhhhhhh yes, it's was high-brow comedy at its best. Good ole Joan also had her fill of awkward, I don't think I should really laugh at this, moments. Like when she went on her spree of 9/11 jokes, and said she and her friends were taking bets on 5th Avenue during the attack as to which person was gonna jump first: the crippled woman or the guy with the flaming mustache. Wah, Wuh. It was pretty quiet in the room, but the woman doesn't fucking flinch.




My favorite parts are when she talks about her "friends". She's like, "yeah, I'm good friends with Angelina Jolie, uggggg, I hate that bitch." LOVE it! Then she goes on a whole spree of faux charities she donates to like "Miracle Whip..because every kid deserves a delicious sandwich. then in the same breath, "uggg, I hate sick kids, they're so boring".




She does the cruise ship circuit and is starting to get into stand-up a lot more now and said she is trying new material so catch her soon; you won't be disappointed!

No comments: