Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sweaty Asses at Splash!

by Sean

I was out last Friday with a few friends who had just moved to NYC and wanted to get the basic lay of the land. As I was giving them the tour a really cute guy (what better way to welcome them to NYC?!) handed us all flyers from boiparty.com.

Upon arriving home I signed up for the website and received an email about an upcoming event that sounded exciting. It was to take place at Splash (50 W. 17th St. in Chelsea), a club I'd been meaning to check out for some time and I was eager to hear that it was a free event for college-aged kids. I, of course, called up my friends and we made plans to meet there next weekend. I even called ahead and told the manager that I was press and he said it was perfectly ok if I showed up and snapped some photos.



It was stated the place had 4 levels. I was only able to make it to 2 (a dance floor and a chill down room) because I was having so much fun! The top floor is your traditional fog and lights dance hall with two big bars. Two go go dancers right out there on the dance floor where you can grab right onto 'em, and one on each bar. And like a cherry on top, there was an MTV dance party catwalk.

The bottom floor was more of a chill out room, with squeaky white pleather couches, and an all-black bar. The red lighting kind of reminded me of Army boots.



And, the shower was really hot. We didn't have a shower back home in our gay bar. It's on the bottom floor, and I guess the go go dancers go there to wash the filth of one hundred dollar bills off their sweaty asses. I only think this, because it looks like they're really washing, and they're all clean and oiled up when they get out.

Ooh, or maybe it's their first stop when coming to the club, after a hard day trying to become the next great Broadway star. I noticed a kind of slowness when they first started, letting the water run over their hair with their head down. You know, like you do every morning before you go to your straight job.

They start slow, and go over every inch. I'm getting hard just thinking about it.

No comments: